Sunday, August 31, 2014

BlackJack Western Division National Championships

As the weekend come to a close I feel that my first Nationals experience was with mixed emotions of success and some disappointment.  My first day was filled with excitement and nervousness and I was able to make my first Main Event in a BMX National event and it was a goal I had set for myself back in January when I started riding again.  

Then came Sunday and with one day under my belt I had high hopes. As I went into round 2 I had my sites on coming out on top but as I entered turn 2 and shot down low for the swoop on another rider, I came out of the corner and I believe my tire washed out do to some bumps and me increasing my tire pressure prior to the race (should have kept it at my normal PSI), I went down hard and banged myself up pretty good.  We live and learn from our small mistakes and move forward as the cliche goes.  In the end I had a great experience and hung out with great people.

Next up on the agenda is the State Race at Oak Creek BMX, this is the race I have been waiting for.  It is a home track for me and all my BMX friends and family will be there ( not that it is any pressure..LOL) and it will be a great event.  Thanks again to all those who came to see if I was alright after my crash I truly appreciate it.  -VPW

Thanks to Doublecross Bikes, Tangent Products and all the Families of BMX

No comments:

Post a Comment